Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014; Touring again; ..and The Ryman Project!!

Welcome to 2014!  ----    Shouldn't our world look like this by now??


Man, I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad it doesn't look like that.   I'm struggling with the high-tech stuff that we DO have introduced into our lives.  I'm not sure I could figure out how to drive one of those flying cars.  And I'm certain I would program the Robot Maid incorrectly so that she burns dinner and bleaches out the darks instead of the whites.  AND, I'm scared of heights, so I would hate living in one of those houses perched on a pole!!

Anyway.... my goal for 2014 (notice I said "goal", NOT "resolution") is to SIMPLIFY.  I've just got too many things pulling me this way and that way and I feel I don't get anything done in an efficient manner because I'm too distracted.  Do I really need THREE calendars?  Trying to sync up 3 calendars has taken up way too much of my time, so....i'm saying good-bye to one of those calendars and I feel good about it!    I'm cleaning out closets.... and getting rid of anything that I haven't worn in 3 years.  I WILL say good-bye to those jeans I used to love but are 2 sizes too small now.  It's ok.  They'll find a new home and be happy... right?    ---SIMPLIFY.  I'm ON it.  :-)

----------------------------------------------------

My BIG 2014 news is that I will be hitting the road again (finally!).  I have enjoyed staying home the last few years, concentrating on sessions, being a wife, raising Sam, and helping with my parents.  But after talking it over with the family, they have all agreed that they think it's time for me to go back to doing what I love to do, which is performing.    So PLEASE check my calendar on my Official Site and if I'm at a venue near you, PLEASE come see me!  One of the best things about touring is getting to see friends and family while I'm on the road!!  There is nothing better than getting to have lunch with a familiar face while being in an unfamiliar city!

I'm starting the year by performing with the QUEEN, Miss Patty Loveless on a country music cruise in the Caribbean this month.... then flying out to California to meet up with the AWESOME Christopher Cross and his band to do a couple of shows out there.  I'm super-blessed to be working with such amazing artists!  Gonna be FUN!

-----------------------------------------------------

One more thing... Many of you have been following the story of our friend Ryman Little and her parents, Jeremy and Brandy.  And many of you have asked how you can help.... Well, here is a WONDERFUL video to check out.  Warning:  Get ready to have a warm, warm heart after watching this!!!  Her little smile is infectious!!   Please feel free to share this video and help spread the word!!  What a great way to raise awareness about organ donation!    Here is "The Ryman Project":





6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Marica. I'm covered in chills and excited that you get to do not only what you love, but what you are so doggone good at. I will be missing you while you travel but thankful for the ways that God is blessing you right before our eyes. It's fun to see sweet things fall on sweet friends. I love you, honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend!! By the way, I just added a link to BFGO in my tabs at the top of this page (under the main image). I am praying that God will lead MANY to BFGO in 2014 and that He will give you support and discernment as you lead this amazing organization!! You are wonderful! Love and miss you!!

      Delete
  2. What a joy to see God make this path for you, have a great road trip, exciting times, indeed!!! Hopefully when you get back we can find time to have that cup of coffee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelo... yes, I REALLY would love to have that coffee. It's just hard to make life cooperate with all we want to do sometimes, isn't it?? LoL Just let me know anytime you are in the Opryland area!!

      Delete
  3. Very cool, Marcia! Sounds like a lot of Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! Yes, I am very blessed!! Hope to see you soon... M

      Delete